Iron Mountain ski jump

Iron Mountain ski jump

Friday, April 18, 2014

FORGIVENESS IN THE MIRROR

CHRIST IN WINTER: Reflections on Faith from a Place of Winter for the Years of Winter… ©

We can learn important thing from our children.

When daughter Katie was about 3 years old, I passed her the butter at the supper table. I pushed it a little too hard. Her little thumb went into the end of the butter stick. “I’m sorry,” I said. “That’s okay,” she replied. “I forgive you. I forgive you for all the mean and awful things you’ve ever done to me.”

I had no idea that I had done mean and awful things to her, but I was grateful for the forgiveness.

And I learned from it. Now I look into the mirror and say, “I forgive you for all the mean and awful things you’ve ever done to me.”

John Robert McFarland

The “place of winter” mentioned in the title line is Iron Mountain, in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, where people are Yoopers [UPers] and life is defined by winter even in the summer! [This phrase is explained in the post for March 20, 2014.]

You don’t have to bookmark or favorite the CIW URL to return here. Just Google Christ In Winter and it will show up at the top of the page.

I tweet, occasionally, as yooper1721





No comments:

Post a Comment