Iron Mountain ski jump

Iron Mountain ski jump

Friday, April 24, 2015

Staring-a poem

CHRIST IN WINTER: Reflections on Faith from a Place of Winter for the Years of Winter… ©


If I stare hard and long
into days that are no more
I may see there a moment
Long-forgotten
perhaps a day in June
with sunlight
on golden hair
riding slow on air so soft
that even angels
held their breath
on that day that is
no more

If I stare hard and long
into this day of now
I may find there some moment
present of the present
a lingering bit of warmth
from the touch of my empty cup
that gives me one more breath
on this day that is



John Robert McFarland
johnrobertmcfarland@gmail.com

The “place of winter” mentioned in the title line is Iron Mountain, in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula [The UP], where life is defined by winter even in the summer! [This phrase is explained in the post for March 20, 2014.]

I tweet as yooper1721.

No comments:

Post a Comment