Iron Mountain ski jump

Iron Mountain ski jump

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

THE NOT-ANYMORE STAGE

CHRIST IN WINTER: Reflections on Faith for the Years of Winter… ©

I am in the “not anymore” phase of life. I say things like, “I don’t prepare anymore,” and “I don’t edit anymore.” Helen said, “You can get away with this until you say, ‘I don’t shower anymore,’ and then we’re going to talk.”

I often say that the key to living well in old age is to live within your limits but not be limited by them. To live within limits as we age, but not be limited by them, we have to give up certain things, but not give up others. I suggest giving up worrying and awfulizing and complaining, but not loving and praying and singing. Oh, and showering…

John Robert McFarland
johnrobertmcfarland@gmail.com

I tweet as yooper1721.


No comments:

Post a Comment