Iron Mountain ski jump

Iron Mountain ski jump

Thursday, December 15, 2016

AN APPEAL TO THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE 12-15-16


Since I live only 25 miles from Dan Bortner, I assume that he is “my” presidential elector. Thus a copy of my letter to him…

Dan Bortner
1502 23rd St
Bedford, IN 47421-4702

Dear Mr. Bortner:

I write to you in your capacity as a Presidential Elector, [although I am very appreciative of the work you do as Director of State Parks.]

I respectfully request that you do not cast your electoral vote for Donald Trump, at least until further investigations can be made of Mr. Trump’s ties to Russia and the possibility of Russian tampering in our recent election.

Indiana wisely trusts its Presidential Electors and does not require them to vote for the winner of the Indiana popular vote if they feel their vote would go to someone who is not qualified to be president, or who would do damage to our democracy as president.

I grew up in Gibson County, where the Republican Party lived by sound Republican principles. As a Republican Party leader, I know you value Republican principles over temporary power. A Trump presidency might well result in long-lasting damage to the Republican Party.

Thank you for your service to our nation and our state [and our parks.]

Sincerely,
John Robert McFarland
johnrobertmcfarland@gmail.com
3301 S. Piccadilly St.
Bloomington, IN 47401


No comments:

Post a Comment