Iron Mountain ski jump

Iron Mountain ski jump

Monday, July 10, 2017

PERFECTION IN DENIAL-Poem 7-10-17

PERFECTION IN DENIAL-Poem   7-10-17

The only way
I get through now
[Not “one day at a time”
Although it is]
Is to ignore
All the stupid stuff
I did and said
Along the way

There was a time
When it made sense
To examine each fault
Assign it to its genus
Examine tomes
Both current and ancient
Consult oracles and entrails
To learn of some potential cure

A pouch of powdered Jung
Around the neck
A pinch of Freud
[If that’s not too Freudian]
A splash of Adler
For leaven in the dough

I am past the point of cure
Or even snail-like progress
Perfection comes only in denial

Regrets? Of course.
I regret that I did not learn
This sooner.

JRMcF

Johnrobertmcfarland@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment