Iron Mountain ski jump

Iron Mountain ski jump

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Snow flakes fell today. More like drifted. The furnace came on without prompting, as though wanting to keep itself warm. Helen put flannel sheets on the bed. The UPS man wore long pants while making his daily delivery to our house. The geese are flying south. We can see them easily through the bare tree limbs.

Scouts of winter.

I couldn’t find my glasses; they were on my face. I knelt down to wipe up some spilled orange juice and couldn’t get up without pulling on the counter. I looked at photographs from 40 years ago but couldn’t see them because there were tears in my eyes. I passed the Mexican and Italian aisles in the grocery store and went to the oatmeal aisle instead. The cashier gave me a discount.

Scouts of the winter years.

No comments:

Post a Comment