Iron Mountain ski jump

Iron Mountain ski jump

Thursday, November 13, 2014

The Lament of the Pine-a poem

CHRIST IN WINTER: Reflections on Faith from a Place of Winter for the Years of Winter… ©

I am beautiful, you say,
my boughs weighed down
with snow,
but beauty is a burden
hard to bear.
I long for slanting
summer sun,
to save me
from this beauty.

John Robert McFarland
johnrobertmcfarland@gmail.com

The “place of winter” mentioned in the title line is Iron Mountain, in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, where life is defined by winter even in the summer! [This phrase is explained in the post for March 20, 2014.]

I have also started an author blog, about writing, in preparation for the publication, by Black Opal Books, of my novel, VETS, in 2015. http://johnrobertmcfarland-author.blogspot.com/

I tweet as yooper1721.

No comments:

Post a Comment