Iron Mountain ski jump

Iron Mountain ski jump

Monday, December 1, 2014

The Foes Arrayed Against Me-a poem

CHRIST IN WINTER: Reflections on Faith from a Place of Winter for the Years of Winter… ©

The foes arrayed against me
are many,
and mighty,
filled with violence,
and fueled by hate.
I must be ever ready,
and vigilant,
shield up, high,
sword steady
hand strong, though trembling,
eyes forward, clear.
Although each day I lose,
and retreat a grudging inch,
I shall not admit defeat.
I shall fight until I die
and count that as victory.

John Robert McFarland
johnrobertmcfarland@gmail.com

The “place of winter” mentioned in the title line is Iron Mountain, in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, where life is defined by winter even in the summer! [This phrase is explained in the post for March 20, 2014.]

I have also started an author blog, about writing, in preparation for the publication, by Black Opal Books, of my novel, VETS, in 2015. http://johnrobertmcfarland-author.blogspot.com/

I tweet as yooper1721.


No comments:

Post a Comment