Iron Mountain ski jump

Iron Mountain ski jump

Sunday, February 12, 2017

AFTER THE THREE POINTS-a poem Su, 2-12-17

CHRIST IN WINTER: Reflections on Faith for the Years of Winter

A few Sundays ago, I had to excoriate our pastor, Jimmy Moore, for reversing the standard sermon outline. He had one point and three poems. Preachers have always joked among themselves about a sermon being “three points and a poem.” So…


I went and told it on the mountain
Over the hills and everywhere
But no one seemed to care

Perhaps my feet were not beautiful [1]
I know for sure that they were made of clay
Still I went and told it on the mountain

I told it in the valley, too
And all those places in between
Now my telling’s done

I’m glad I did it
Glad I told it on the mountain
For as I walk that lonesome valley

Walk it by myself, as Jesus did
I can hear my echo sounding
Jesus Christ is born

JRMcF

I tweet as yooper1721.

1] Isaiah 52:7.

No comments:

Post a Comment