Iron Mountain ski jump

Iron Mountain ski jump

Sunday, March 12, 2017

NOT READY FOR GLORYLAND-a poem Su, 3-12-17

CHRIST IN WINTER: Reflections on Faith from the Heart of Winter for the Years of Winter

I try to start each day by singing a song and writing a poem. The poem is not crafted or edited, just what comes to mind. But this morning I was singing “Do Lord,” and… well, this seemed like a Sunday morning sort of poem…

NOT READY FOR GLORYLAND-a poem             Su, 3-12-17

I am tired
The sort of sag
That comes in evening
After the toil of day
Even though it is morning
And my work
Has been slow and small
I could rest now, no one
Would tell me it is wrong
For when we are old
A morning rest is not a sin
But I do not want to close my eyes
For the sun is high, and the flowers bright
With puff clouds adrift in lighter blue
I am not ready yet for my home
In that glory land that outshines the sun

JRMcF

johnrobertmcfarland@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment