Iron Mountain ski jump

Iron Mountain ski jump

Saturday, May 19, 2018

WAITING FOR AFTERNOON-a poem [Sa, 5-19-18]


WAITING FOR AFTERNOON-a poem                        [Sa, 5-19-18]



I am waiting for the afternoon
Hurry midday
or lunch time
or whatever it is called

Come here quickly
for the morning
is a desperate time
full of angst
and toil and doubt

But after lunch, I fall asleep
My frantic desperate morning self
can rest in memories
of other summer afternoons,
when the hours held warm
hopes and cold tea

JRMcF

Not long ago, Helen gave me a copy of A Gentleman in Moscow, by Amor Towles. It is a lovely book. I don’t think anyone else today writes with the elegance of Towles. The characters and their relationships are all intriguing and inviting, and the story is one of acceptance and liberation at the same time. It is a slow read, not because it is difficult, but because it should be savored.

No comments:

Post a Comment