Iron Mountain ski jump

Iron Mountain ski jump

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

FOUR STANZAS IN SEARCH OF RED THREAD [T, 4-9-19]


In that languorous spot of golden grace
When the sliding moonbeam sips your face
A distant music fills all space
Then every grace note knows its place

I never learned where the elephants go
To dance at night by the river’s flow
Hoping to star in a Broadway show
Humming a waltz, precise and slow

When a prisoner springs out the jailhouse door
His face turned south to the sandy shore
He never thinks of less or more
There is just that moment of the open door

There’s a tape to break when the race is run
A medal to wear when victory’s won
This is the day that was made for fun
And even God points toes to the sun

John Robert McFarland

“I don’t ask for the sights in front of me to change; only the depths of my seeing.” Mary Oliver

The depths of my seeing tell me that Katie Kennedy’s Learning to Swear in America is the best YA novel ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment