Iron Mountain ski jump

Iron Mountain ski jump

Saturday, July 13, 2019

THE LONE RANGER AND HIS FAITHFUL COMPANION [ME]


CHRIST IN WINTER: Reflections on Faith & Life for the Years of Winter – THE LONE RANGER AND HIS FAITHFUL COMPANION [ME]

I just realized that The Lone Ranger was the model for my life. I always knew, of course, that he was my hero.

I grew up before TV, but we had radio. My favorite program was The Lone Ranger. I think The Wm. Tell Overture is probably still my favorite music.

Why do I think he provided the template for my life? The Lone Ranger was alone, except for one faithful friend. He kept his real identity secret. He did not reveal who he was, but he showed up, he did some good, and then he left.

Sounds about right.

John Robert McFarland

The music for TLR taking out the trash: To the dump, to the dump, to the dump, dump, dump…

No comments:

Post a Comment