Iron Mountain ski jump

Iron Mountain ski jump

Friday, December 13, 2019

REASON FOR THE SEASON [12-13-19]


I know that Jesus
is the reason
for the season
So trite, but true
But I like Santa
and the reindeer
and the Grinch and his dog
and rockin’ around the Xmas
tree, and hoping for a pony
I’m not pure about anything
else, so why should I be so
stuffy about it being Jesus’
birthday? I’ll bet he never
even got a cake,
what with his birthday
being on Christmas
So let’s be jolly
because that’s the reason
for the season, isn’t it?
Didn’t Jesus say he came
that we might have life abundant?
What could be more abundant
than Silent Night with candles
followed by too much chocolate?
Life abundant.
Surely that’s the reason
for the season…

John Robert McFarland

“Of course Jesus is God. He was born in a place called The Holy Land. Duh!” Archie Bunker

No comments:

Post a Comment