Iron Mountain ski jump

Iron Mountain ski jump

Friday, June 18, 2021

PSALM 23

CHRIST IN WINTER: Reflections on Faith & Life for the Years of Winter

PSALM 23   [F, 6-18-21]

 


The lord is the park

Maintenance guy

I shall not trip

On that spot in the sidewalk

Where the concrete is buckled up

He didn’t fix it

But he painted it bright

Yellow so I could see it

He lets me lie down

On the playground grass

When I’m tired

And he makes sure

The drinking fountain is on

He returns to me my soul

The one they stole

And rode away on

And abandoned it

Behind the swimming pool

He leads me under the shady oak

Where he carved his initials

Yes, I stumble on that high curb

But I don’t worry

Because others come along

Rodney and Steffi and that bunch

They tell me it will be okay

There’s a picnic table

Across the street

Where the sirens and hoodlums

Hang out

But I’ve got a bullet-proof spirit

And a plate big enough, almost

For all the stuff

On the picnic table

Surely Goodness and Mercy,

His slobbery dogs,

Shall follow me all the way home

Because they know

That when I get there

It will be treat time

 

John Robert McFarland

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Marvelous!! Thanks for filling my soul and spirit with your words. :-)

    ReplyDelete