Iron Mountain ski jump

Iron Mountain ski jump

Saturday, June 12, 2021

REFLECTIONS ON FAITH & LIFE FOR THE YEARS OF WINTER

ON MY EARLY MORNING LEGS   [SAT, 6-12-21]

[A song using Gordon Lightfoot’s “In the Early Morning Rain” as template and tune. Just because my raspberry-smeared muse requires it.]

 


On my early morning legs

I stagger to and fro

I’m not quite sure where to go

On my early morning legs

 

These old legs don’t let me down

They’re still plenty good to me

I’m on faith’s familiar ground

In the darkness I can see

 

Hear the singing in the dark, hear the praying souls at play

Yes, my legs do know the way now, in the early morning day

 

There the morning legs are strong and the eyes are always full

The song is spreading wide now, on the wings of gentle hope

 

The warmth of friendship was so good

As we shared the bread and wine

I heard the rustle of the spirit

And I knew the road was mine

 

You can’t always walk and run, sometimes it’s only prayer

But my early morning legs are still floating on the air

 

John Robert McFarland

No comments:

Post a Comment