Iron Mountain ski jump

Iron Mountain ski jump

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Imperfect Technology

Several people have emailed to say that they have tried to “comment” but were unable to. I would like to be able to help with that, but I have no idea how that works. Some folks are able to become “Followers,” but Blogger rejects others who try to “Follow.” Some can “comment,” but Blogger won’t accept the comments of others. There are lots of bells and whistles at the bottom of each blog, even a chance to email it to someone else if you wish, but I don’t know if that works, either.

However, you can read it even if you can’t Follow or Comment, and you are always welcome to email me with a response or idea, and I’ll be glad to pass it along. [jmcfarland1721@charter.net]

Don Survant is one of my oldest and dearest friends. We used to cat around in high school in his dad’s… hmm, 1932? Dodge? I know the car was a lot older than we were, anyway. He asked if he could use stuff from the blog in the newsletter he puts out for his church. The answer is “Yes,” not only to Don, but to anyone else who wishes to share from this somewhat suspect source, from either Christ in Winter or Periwinkle Chronicles, but it’s hard to imagine how anything that happens in Periwinkle County would fit into a church newsletter, despite the frequent appearance of Pastor Patty.

Tomorrow, I’ll post the several emailed comments on “Close to Perfection.” Oh, wait a minute. Tomorrow I’m driving down to Milwaukee to see the Reds beat the Brewers. [Sorry, Walt.] I’ll post more on perfection on Thursday, when I shall have ingested that most perfect of all foods, a ballpark frank. That should get me very close to perfection, or perhaps the ER.

Shh, the twin fawns just showed up behind our back deck where I’m sitting. Must stop the clatter of keyboard…

No comments:

Post a Comment