Iron Mountain ski jump

Iron Mountain ski jump

Monday, March 24, 2014

ELLIPSES-a poem

CHRIST IN WINTER: Reflections on Faith from a Place of Winter for the Years of Winter… ©

There are days…
…sometimes longer than the day
I sprawled small in the waiting room…
…when I am enough like myself
that it makes me sad.
There are other days…                                          
…sometimes shorter than the day
I went up in the little airplane…
when I stand outside myself
and wonder…

John Robert McFarland

The “place of winter” mentioned in the title line is Iron Mountain, in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, where people are Yoopers [UPers] and life is defined by winter even in the summer!

You don’t have to bookmark or favorite the CIW URL to return here. Just Google Christ In Winter and it will show up at the top of the page.


I tweet, occasionally, as yooper1721.

No comments:

Post a Comment