Iron Mountain ski jump

Iron Mountain ski jump

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

THE NO-ASK LIST

CHRIST IN WINTER: Reflections on Faith from a Place of Winter for the Years of Winter… ©

Helen says she has a “no-ask” list, since there are certain questions to which I always answer “Sure.”

Would you like for me to start the coffee?
Would you like spaghetti for supper?
Do you want a scone with your tea?
Do you want to watch The Big Bang Theory?
Can we take care of Ernie this weekend? [grand-dog]
Pizza?

She saves time just by consulting her list.

God and Helen are a lot alike. God has a no-ask list, too. It works the other way around; God always answers, “Sure.”

Are you with me?
Do you love me?
Even if I don’t understand?
Do you love my enemies, too?
Is it okay to have doubts about You?
Pizza?


John Robert McFarland
johnrobertmcfarland@gmail.com

The “place of winter” mentioned in the title line is Iron Mountain, in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula [The UP], where life is defined by winter even in the summer! [This phrase is explained in the post for March 20, 2014.]

I used to keep a careful index of all the things I told in this blog so that I would not repeat. That has become unwieldy. Now I just trust to… what’s it called… oh, yes, memory. Sorry about that.

I have also started an author blog, JUST WORDS, about writing, in preparation for the publication, by Black Opal Books, of my novel, VETS, about four handicapped and homeless Iraqistan veterans who are accused of murdering a VA doctor, some time this year. Author guru Kristen Lamb says that author blogs are counter-productive, that a blog must be “high concept.” I don’t know what that means, but JUST WORDS is no longer an author blog. It is now high concept. http://johnrobertmcfarland-author.blogspot.com/

I tweet as yooper1721.

No comments:

Post a Comment