Iron Mountain ski jump

Iron Mountain ski jump

Tuesday, June 2, 2020

“DAILY” DEVOTIONAL: Waiting for the Spirit [T, 6-2-20]


“DAILY” DEVOTIONAL: Waiting for the Spirit

 HOW WILL I GET HOME  [T, 6-2-20]


At Crumble Bums, Glenn told about how his wife, Allyson, got a ticket at a traffic round-about. Personally, I hate those things, at least the ones with multiple lanes. If it’s just one lane around, I can handle that, but with multiple lanes, I never know which one to be in, and those signs that use Akkadian chicken scratch cuneiforms to “help” you figure it out should be sent straight to Hades. There’s one in the middle of Bloomington that I avoid by driving I-69 up to the west side of Indianapolis and use the I-465 beltway to get to I-65 to come back down on the east side on Bloomington’s east side. It’s only 120 miles, and well worth it.

So it was no surprise to me that Allyson got confused at one of those round-abouts in Carmel, that prides itself on being the city with more profanity than any other in the world, because it has more traffic round-abouts than any place short of Hades.

Paying the exorbitant ticket for an infraction that should never have been facilitated was bad enough, but to make it worse, four-year-old granddaughter Madelyn was in her car seat behind Allyson. She thought her grandmother was being arrested and would be taken to jail. [Must have seen that sort of thing in a Richard Scarry “Busy Day” video.]

 “How will I get home?” she wailed. “I don’t know where I live.”

That’s the problem when you get on the round-abouts. To get home, you’ve got to use the straight and narrow way. [Mt. 7:13-14]

JRMcF

1 comment:

  1. At this juncture of being on 'HOUSE DETENTION' due to my advanced age..I find it refreshing to be reminded just how fortunate my life is without the need to navigate those drat 'round-about' events. So I sit smiling at the folly!

    ReplyDelete