Iron Mountain ski jump

Iron Mountain ski jump

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? [W, 6-9-20]


“DAILY” DEVOTIONAL: Watching for the Spirit
WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?    [W, 6-9-20]



I’m fed up. There are people who think they have the right to walk in our neighborhood at the same time I am. All the time [meaning once or twice during my daily 48 minutes], I have to go a different direction, or cross the street, to avoid some virus-laden human. Granted, I walk by time rather than distance, so it makes no difference which direction I go, but it’s the principal of the thing—they are making me change how I want to do stuff. I like to think great thoughts as I walk, but I never get around to great thoughts because of those people making me think about how everybody is making me go down the side streets.

I am fed up. What’s wrong with you people? You think I don’t have a hard life, too? Sure, I’m tall and male and white and straight and have a good-looking wife, but that doesn’t give me a free ride. Like, there’s no baseball to watch this summer. If you don’t think that’s bad, you don’t realize what agony it is to have a team that was predicted to win its division this year and then have to watch police beating up on old men like me and stuff like that on TV instead of baseball.

Why can’t you just leave it alone? We’ve always gotten through stuff before. Everybody is assuring us that “we’ll get through this together,” so we don’t need politics and race and all that stuff getting in the way, when we’ve already got a virus all over the place, and can’t even get a haircut.

What we really need is God, doing God’s will, getting right with Jesus, following his way… oh, wait… never mind…

JRMcF

No comments:

Post a Comment