Iron Mountain ski jump

Iron Mountain ski jump

Saturday, August 21, 2010

What the Devil Said

Although she is much older than I [one semester], Pat Meyerholtz and I have been friends for about 60 years. We went to high school together, and she and Roy were my best supporters when I pastored Wesley UMC in Charleston, IL, where Roy was a math professor at Eastern IL U and Pat was a grade school teacher.

She still does several miles each day, alternating walking and running days. One of my favorite stories is of the day Pat was chased through downtown Charleston by a big dog. It was just about to get her when she came to the side door of the police station and opened the door to go in. The dog was fast and right behind her. It could not stop and skidded through the door into the cop shop. Pat just closed the door and ran on.

She forwarded to me a nice Sisters Day message. [Just how we are sisters, I'm not sure, but I like the idea.]

The first line says: Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, "Oh, crap. She's up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment