Iron Mountain ski jump

Iron Mountain ski jump

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

OLD PEOPLE ARE SO MUCH FUN [T, 1-7-20]


REFLECTIONS ON FAITH AND LIFE FOR THE YEARS OF WINTER… 

Children say, much of the time, “When I grow up…”

There is just so much to do that looks like fun, but we can’t do it until we are grown up, until we are old enough.

I mentioned in the CIW for 12-30-19, titled “Ockham’s Garage Door,” that I had seen my friend, Glenn, close his garage door by poking only one spot on the electronic pad, which gave me the knowledge of how to close my absent neighbor’s garage door for her. But when I picked him up for coffee last R, I was horrified. He poked TWICE. If I had seen correctly what he did, I would never have thought I could close our absent neighbor’s door, because I would not have been able to guess the two digit code, and so would not even try, and it would still be standing open while she is gone, with bears and looters in and out in a steady stream.

Glenn said, “Oh, no, you were right. It takes only one poke, on that Enter button, but I usually miss the button on the first try.”

When I grow up…I want to be an old person. It looks like it’s so much fun to be old. It’s not so much that they have fun, although that’s true, but they ARE fun.

John Robert McFarland

No comments:

Post a Comment