Iron Mountain ski jump

Iron Mountain ski jump

Friday, April 24, 2020

LORD, IN YOUR MERCY, DO NOT HEAR MY PRAYER [F, 4-24-20]


“DAILY” DEVOTIONAL-Listening for the Spirit

LORD, IN THY MERCY, DO NOT HEAR MY PRAYER  [F, 4-24-20]



Do not, O Lord, I beseech thee, in thy mercy, hear my prayer…

…when I implore thee to smite the unrighteous, even though we both know who they art, and know that they devoutly deservest smiting, nonetheless, O Lord, in thy mercy, do not hear my prayer…

…when I importune thee to wreak vengeance upon mine enemies, since thou hast already promised that thou shalt wreak such vengeance, in thine own good time, and since there is no need for redundancy in wreaking, O Lord, in thy mercy, do not hear my prayer…

…when I beseech thee to hurry up with the vengeance thing so that I mayest see it wrought in mine lifetime, O Lord, in thy mercy, do not hear my prayer…

…when I entreat thee to deal harshly with thine stupid and intentionally ignorant children by allowing them the just consequences of their actions by giving them the corona virus because they have ignored the laws thou hast placed upon thy world, O Lord, in thy mercy, do not hear my prayer…

…when I exhort thee to silence the tongues of the profane and darken the eyes of the lustful and shut the mouths of the gluttonous, even though we both knowest it’s only for their own good, O Lord, in thy mercy, do not hear my prayer…

…when I beg thee to whack up side the head those who tempt the Lord their God by jumping off high places and driving like morons, O Lord, in thy mercy, do not hear my prayer…

…when I petition thee to put a banana peel in the path of the self-righteous, O Lord, in thy mercy, do not hear my prayer…

…when I enjoin thee to choke the throats of the hypocrites with their own words, O Lord, in thy mercy, do not hear my prayer…

…when certain congressmen are pulling up their big boy pants in willingness to let people die for the sake of their stock profits, and I call on Thee to pull said pants on up into a flying wedgie, Lord, in thy mercy, do not hear my prayer…

…when I ask thee to create more synonyms for “ask” so that I can continuest to pray unworthily, O Lord, in thy mercy, do not hear my prayer…

…when I confess that my own knowledge is slight and my own will is weak, when I ask that thy will, not mine, be done, O Lord, in thy mercy, hear my prayer. Amen.

John Robert McFarland

No comments:

Post a Comment