Iron Mountain ski jump

Iron Mountain ski jump

Monday, April 13, 2020

SHE HASN’T TOLD ME YET R, 4-12-20


“DAILY” DEVOTIONAL-Listening for the Spirit
SHE HASN’T TOLD ME YET            R, 4-12-20




I came home one day when our daughters were college students. In the living room was a heart-wrenching scene. They were sitting on the sofa, their arms around each other, crying as hard as I had ever seen them cry.

I tried to get into the group, put my arms around them. Over Mary Beth’s head, I whispered to Katie, “Why are you crying?”

“I don’t know,” she said. “She hasn’t told me yet.”

This is a time when all we need to know is that people are hurting. It’s time to hug, even if we can’t do it the traditional way. We don’t need explanations. We just need love. We can find out why later.

JRMcF

No comments:

Post a Comment