Iron Mountain ski jump

Iron Mountain ski jump

Saturday, February 17, 2018

HOPING GOD READS THIS-a poem, sort of [Sat, 2-17-18]


CHRIST IN WINTER: Reflections on Faith and Life for the Years of Winter…

I always hope
that my words on the page…

Yes, they start on the page
It is only later that they move
to a screen
the way an angry old man
leaves the church he loves
just to spite the new preacher
because they no longer sing
the old songs

I always hope
they are a glass, these words,
however darkly
a two-way glass
that shows me to God
and God to me

Yes, God needs the glass
to get a bead on me
for I am quick
like the brown fox
and God is busy
with many things
making protons and mountains
and love
from mustard seeds alone

Maybe, though, my words
on the page are not a glass
but a wall to keep God from seeing
me the way I am
when I have no words
not quick like the fox
but plodding as a proton
that has lost its charge

Glass or no glass
two-way or none
I must put the words
on the page
hoping only that God
has bookmarked this blog
and reads it to the cherubim
on a slow Saturday
and laughs

JRMcF

I tweet occasionally as yooper1721.

No comments:

Post a Comment